Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lately

So, I don't have a camera right now, but I should be getting my new one in about a month, so this time I have no pictures. Anyways, since being back I've stayed busy. This past weekend I went skiing for the first time since I've been here. I went with the family here in Switzerland to a place called Sorenberg. I must say that I kept my own out there with Sterre and Constantijn; they may be a little faster than me, but I was proud of myself for keeping up with them. European kids are born to ski, you should see them, they're fearless! The only time I fell was on the lifts... twice. The first time I went with Sterre and I knocked her over, skis flying off and everything. The second time I went alone and just slid back down to the bottom to try again. But, it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I finally got to go. I hope to go at least a couple more times this season.
I've been running a lot lately as well. I'm not sure if I mentioned yet, but Katie and I signed up for a marathon in Zurich on April 20th. We found a running plan online that we're trying to stick to, but it is hard with our differing and unpredictable schedules. Thinking about running 26.2 miles is a bit intimidating, so I just try to think day to day, and so far so good. I can remember when I ran a half marathon last year thinking when it is over, "how in the world can anyone go and run twice this much!" well, i guess it came back around to haunt me!
It has also been nice catching up with friends here in Basel. Over the holidays a lot of them went home or traveled, as did I. On Friday I am leaving to go to Lisbon, Portugal for a long weekend with a few other au pairs. I'll be sure to steal some of their photos to post.
So, other than that, nothing new is really happening. Oh, except that my hair is growing! I can tell at least, I don't think very many other people can. It still suprises me sometimes when I look in the mirror, but I'm pretty use to it now. My host mom asked me if I regreted cutting it the other day. I told her no; if I hadn't of cut it I would always have the urge in me to do it. So, now I have, and I won't ever have to again! And anyways, it's just hair, it will grow back.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Em! Love your stories and jet-setting adventures. Sorry about your camera. I've fallen off the ski lift every time. Can't wait until you're back and we can have lunch again. So much to tell you!