Thursday, January 3, 2008

Second Stop: Barcelona, Spain

After staying Basel for a couple of days to work, Kate, Katie, and I started our 2 week adventure. The first place we went was Barcelona. I had been there a few years ago when studied abroad and I remember loving it. It didn't fail me this time either.


-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The first 3 pictures are from Gaudi's Parc Guell. It hosts the longest public park bench and some really cool mosaic art. The next 3 are from La Sagrada Familia church, also by Gaudi. It has always been my favorite. And the 3rd is a skyline shot from inside the church. Though I've never really taken much notice to architecture, you can't not pay attention to Gaudi's stuff in Barcelona.


These next pictures are on the brighter side! The first is me and Katie acting tuff. We found a side attraction when walking and had a photo shoot. The next three are from La Boqueria, my favorite place in the world to be. It makes food look so beautiful. We stopped in there all 4 days we were in Barcelona to have the best fruit juices ever. (Mine in the picture is dragon fruit!)





-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
We spent one of the days away from the city and took a train out to Montserrat, which means jagged mountain. Between the fog, we could see the mountains, and we took a cog wheel train up to the top. There was also an Abby there that we looked at and it's known for it's statue of a black Madonna and child. Everything about the trip was great except for the fact that my camera was stolen on the train ride back to Barcelona. I fell asleep for maybe 30 minutes with my bag on my lap and hands on top of my bag. when I woke up my bag was opened and my camera was gone. I was disappointed, but all I can think of is that at least t wasn't my wallet or passport or something.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

awww! i miss you girls!!! looks like y'all had a good cold time! lol.