Sunday, January 6, 2008

5th and final stop: Milan, Italy

Before heading back to Basel we made one last stop to Milan. We stayed only for a day, spending just one night and then taking the train back to Basel the next evening. The first picture is of Comune di Milano, their big cathedral. The second and third are of the Galleria. There are lots of shops and restaurants in there, and well, some holiday decorations as well. We also ate a delicious calzone there! The last two are outside of the Castello Sforzesco. It too had some really cool Christmas lights on the outside. We also walked around the fashion district, though of course I didn't buy anything. We also went across town to go view the painting "The Last Supper", but apparently you have to have a reservation for at least two days in advance. I thought it was odd that just to see this painting on a wall, you had to plan so far ahead, but oh well. Luckily most sights in Milan are close together, so in one day I felt like I saw a lot, and we made it back to Basel in time to celebrate New Years with some of our friends. And friends, that concludes my big December Holiday Extravaganza series! There will be more to add later, as I have another exciting trip in just a couple of weeks!





No comments: