Monday, February 4, 2008

a weekend in Portugal















Not this past weekend, but the one before, me and some friends went on a weekend trip to Lisbon. It was a great place to escape from the cold for a few days and see the ocean again. I hadn't heard a lot about Lisbon before I went, but what I did hear was that it was beautiful. It was so beautiful and the weather was perfect.
The first picture is the arch in the old town, second is some of us posing in front of the many statues they had. The next two are from the LOVE exhibit they had in the city. There were statues of 0-9 and then the LOVE statue in a variety of different ways. They also had AMOR at the opposite end. The exhibit was called "Love in Numbers". We spent a few hours in the new part of Lisbon as well, where we rode a cable-car over the water and played in the park some. Two things I really liked about Lisbon were the skyline with the red roofs and the ocean in the background, and the sidewalks. All of the sidewalks had awesome designs laid in the stones. Lisbon was amazing and I would definitely recommend it.

1 comment:

Blog said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Lisbon! It is the perfect winter city break destination in Europe, but it's even better in the summer! The beaches of Cascais are nearby and so is beautiful Sintra, which you must see if you return!
;-)