

The next couple of days we went to Basel's Fasnacht celebration. It's a festival that last for 3 full days and starts at 4am on a Monday morning. Zac and I went to the 4am kick-off, where they turn off all the lights in the city and then at 4, all the little groups of people, known as cliques, start parading around with their lanterns and playing their pipes. The city was so packed you couldn't even move. The next couple of days was filled with parades that had people in elaborate costumes and throwing confetti all over the places. They threw out everything from candy and stuffed animals to cabbage, onions, and oranges. I loved Fasnacht and all the excitement it brought to the city. You couldn't leave downtown without confetti down your shirt and in your socks.









We also went skiing for a day, well I went skiing, Zac went snow boarding, and my parents hung out at the lodge and did a little sledding. On our way back home from skiing, we stopped in Luzern for a short walk around. I thought they'd enjoy the picturesque city.





Our one last exciting adventure was a hike up to the castle in my "backyard", Château de Landskron. It as quite a hike, but we made it after a bit of complaining! The castle is actually in France, so crossing the border was rather exciting for them. I was excited too, but I guess I've started to get use to it. 





So, though they were here only a few days, we did a lot and I'm glad they came.



No comments:
Post a Comment