



So, my friend Michelle, I'm sure you've heard her mentioned a few times, has left Basel (though she'll be back to visit for 2 days in a couple weeks after traveling a bit). She came this time last year, so her contract is over now. It's been weird because I've always felt like I was the new one and I was counting how long I've been here. Now I'm counting how much time I have left. It's a wake up call because she's the first close friend that I have to say goodbye to. I only have 3 more months before I'm back in Florida. It's so crazy, especially since I still am not set on what I am doing after this. I have somethings I'm looking into now, but nothing is set in stone yet. Anyways, these pictures are from the weekend before the Black Forest trip (sometime I have to write these things out of order so to collect other people's pictures). We made a whole list of things that we had to do before Michelle left, such as the castle camping. Another was to go to this restaurant called Blindekuh (Blind Cow). We ate our meal in complete darkness. You first look over the menu in a lit room and then after you know what you want the waiter leads you into the restaurant. All the waiters and waitresses are blind, and so eating there is experiencing what they do. I ordered the vegetarian surprise, and didn't actually find out what it was that I ate until the end. I guessed pretty well though. I also cheated a bit and ate with my hands some; it was just easier to make sure I got everything. The food was delicious and the experience was really cool. Sorry no pictures of that.... it was dark. Anyways, the first picture is a good-bye cake Katie and I made for Michelle. It was oreo cheesecake!! The others are from the last night out before Michelle left. We went to our usual place: Paddy Reilly's. It started off as a pretty normal evening, but ended with us doing Irish dancing, and I don't even know how to do Irish dancing. Anyways, just thought I'd put a few more photos up while I was in the mood to update; anything to distract me from thinking about the marathon on Sunday.
Oh, and thanks Katie, I stole everyone of these from you!! And, Happy Birthday Sister!! (though I don't know if you ever read this).

1 comment:
Congrats Emily,
Sug told me you finished the marathon. I am so proud of you. You are the only person I know personally who has ever run an entire marathon. You are a winner. Can't wait to hear all about it. Hugs, Cara
Post a Comment