

This past weekend me and some friends took a trip to the south of France. We flew into Nice, but didn't actually see much of Nice at all. We took a train to Cassis, a little bit west, though we had a slight layover due to a strike in Toulon. We walked around Toulon for a bit, had lunch, and then headed back for the train. In Cassis we took a boat tour of the Calanques (the cliffs that I took so many pictures of!). I had been to both Cassis and to see the Calanques when I studied abroad, but it was no less beautiful this time. The weather all weekend was perfect; sunny and warm. We even got a slight sun burn!! When we got off the train in Cassis, we decided we would stay the night there instead of what was planned since the Toulon layover cost us a lot of time. We walked to the city from the train station, getting rather lost for a few hours until eventually finding signs to follow. Getting lost wasn't really so bad though, we walked by vineyards and flowers were blooming everywhere. It was really cool seeing Cassis again; it brought back so many memories from when I was here last. I could remember specific things that I hadn't thought of until I was in the same place again. So, the next day we took the train to Marseille to go see Chateau D'If (the famous prison from The Count of Monte Cristo). I had also been here before, but going again was still enjoyable. We were only in Marseille for a short while but we saw a fish market, relaxed in the sun, and took the tour of Isle D'If. After that we headed back to Nice. Once there, we made our way to our hostel where we ate dinner and hung out for the night. I had an early plane in the morning, while everyone else had later ones, so I had to catch the 5:25am bus to the airport. Totally worth it though. The south of France is sooo beautiful, I'd go back a million times!

1 comment:
Are those your moccasins? I like them.
Post a Comment