

Hansel and Gretal were in the Black Forest when they cooked the witch in the oven and I seriously think I stayed in the cottage where this occurred. This past weekend 8 of us went to Germany to stay at my friend Erin's husband's parent's cottage. It was the coolest place ever. It was sooo old and had so much character. You could see the Alps in the far distance. It was a really relaxing weekend. We went on a little hike in the forest, played on the hammock, ate good food, slept, played some fun board and card games, and talked A LOT! The weather was perfect for those couple of days and it was especially noticeable because it has been incredibly rainy lately. The old red station wagon is what we drove there in. It was actually a rather nice ride and it was only about an hour away in a village called Hutten. It was the perfect way to spend the last weekend before the marathon. Yep, next Sunday, the 20th, is the day. yikes! I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:
Oh Emily! It's been forever! Your pictures are so great and you've been so many places doing crazy things -- like sleeping in a castle! How fun :) How are you? I'm going to try to catch up on all you've been doing through your blog...
Post a Comment