

I did it!! I finished the Zurich Marathon last Sunday. Me, Katie, and Luke rode the train to Zurich on Saturday, stayed the night and then ran the marathon Sunday morning. I didn't finish as well as I'd hoped, but I finished none the less. It was more difficult then I thought, but I pushed through and finally crossed the finish line!! I slept 11 hours Sunday night, was really sore Monday, kinda sore Tuesday, and I've pretty much recovered now. Despite all that, I'd do it again. Well, I've already been asked if I'd run another one, and I think I would. Though, next time I'd do it when I had my own schedule and I wasn't traveling so much. But yeah, I think I got the first one out of the way and now I know what to expect. So maybe I will do another, just not anytime in the near future!
The first couple of pictures are from the Expo on Saturday where we got our numbers and bags and stuff. I was starting to get nervous as you can tell. Then there is a picture of Katie and I on the bus Sunday morning heading to the start. Super nervous at that point. The next 2 I stole offline. There were over 4800 people who ran as you can see by the huge crowd. It was really cool though. Lots of fans cheering, "hop hop hop" and they also had music along the course. There were bands, dancers, and people playing the big swiss horns like on the Ricola commercials. Then there's a picture of me after I finished. I didn't even want to stand up for the photo; I was too tired. All who finished got a medal and finisher shirt. I love how in this picture my hair is blown back in the front. I was going sooo fast my hair didn't even stay in place (just kidding)!
The last three pictures are from today actually. Sterre stayed home from school today sick with a cold, so I was at home with Romee and Sterre all day. It was the first none rainy day in what seems like weeks, so we enjoyed ourselves outside for a bit. I showed them how to make flower crowns. As you can see, the backyard really needs to be mowed. But the good thing is, Spring is coming!! We have dandelions everywhere and trees are starting to have leaves again. I'm so excited! Excited that Spring is here and excited that I finish a marathon!

No comments:
Post a Comment