Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey and skating

Thanksgiving is definitely an American thing. I made turkey, stuffing, green beans, and an apple pie for my family on Wednesday night. I got Constantijn and Sterre to make leaves and turkeys out of paper and decorate the table. Sterre made menu cards too. It was really cute, despite the fact that everyone was kind of sick and cranky. Constantijn kept calling Valentine's Day the whole time, no matter how many times I reminded him. Then on Thursday I went to Katie's house for a big Thanksgiving dinner. The family she lives with is American and they had about 20 people over for dinner. I got to eat pumpkin pie and I was so happy!! These two pictures are of the turkey and stuffing I made. It was my first time ever cooking a turkey and the first time the family has ever seen a whole turkey. Don't worry, I didn't eat any, but it wouldn't be a Thanksgiving dinner without a turkey, so I had to make them one. I also made the stuffing from scratch, crumbling the bread and all. I really liked the stuffing.












On Friday I took Constantijn and Sterre ice skating during the day because they had school off. It was rainy so the place was pretty empty. We ate lunch there and skated for about 3 hours. They have these things called ice bears that you can rent for the kids to hold on to to help them keep their balance. Constantijn got one for about 30 minutes and his name was Mino. I fell just once if you can believe it! but the kids won't let me live it down.












This last one is a bonus picture. It's me leaping from France into Switzerland. That block with the "S" on it is the marker, the other side has a "F".

No comments: