Sunday, November 4, 2007

around Basel

The mom came back from her stay in Holland on Tuesday night, ending my long week, though it was fun playing mom! But, not before we all got a slight cold: stuffy noses, coughs, diarrhea, etc. Tuesday I went down to Basel with Romee and Katie and we had a picnic on the Rhine river (first 2 pics). Wednesday I had the day off , so I went to the zoo with Sarah, another au pair, and then went to Starbucks and talked to friends or 6 hours! Halloween isn't big here at all. In fact, I didn't see a costume the entire day. I saw maybe 5 jack-o-lanterns, and 2 pubs that had any decorations. It was strange to not celebrate this year. But, when I woke up on Wednesday Sterre had made a Halloween display on the counter. The paper said, "It Halloween and be scard." Then she found a plastic ladybug and squirted mayonnaise around it to scare me. It made my day.










So, this weekend I went to Sarah's house for an appetizer party and board games. It was fun and we all got dressed up. Then on Saturday Katie and I ran from Fluh into Basel, about 7 miles, and saw parts of the city we've never seen before. That's what the 3 pictures below are of. There is a big carnival going on downtown as well. We didn't ride anything though, we were too cold wearing shorts.











This is a video of Romee saying "bless you." I taught her it! She isn't very clear, but I promise she is saying it.

Things I did new as MOM:

cooked chicken (but it was actually pork, oops)

made popcorn on the stove

changed diarrhea diapers

2 comments:

Desiree said...

I'm so proud of you for cooking meat and changing nasty diapers!!! lol. So I realized we still haven't set up a skype date and we need to start being pen palls. heh heh. Hope you're doing good!

Rebekah said...

Ha...Pork not = Chicken...that's awesome! I miss you...and I bet you had to use a lot of baby wipes for the diaper changes.

I'm glad you had good practice as a mommy.