Monday, October 1, 2007

Pro Landskron

I made it to the castle that I see from my backyard. It takes only about 20 or 30 minutes to walk there, though it gets pretty steep. The castle, Pro Landskron, is actually in France, just over the Swiss border. I don't know much of the history about it; I really need to learn some new languages. These are all pictures of the castle except the last picture is a water fountain just down the street from my house on the way to the castle. There are water fountains like these all over, in every town and city I've been to so far, and you can drink from them. This one had rose petals in it for some reason and I thought I looked really pretty. The water is really good, so I bring my Nalgene where ever I go and fill it up.











2 comments:

Cara said...

Hey Emily,

Love the castle pics. Although the one with you in well or torture chamber looking type of cave is creepy. Are you down a well or something. I could not do that pic. The fountain picture is lovely. I look so forward to viewing your blog site keep up the pics and thanks for sharing your experiences with us. XO Cara

Anonymous said...

Hi Em
Uncle Bill here.
Great photos and its great to see all the things you are experiencing. It would appear thsat you're having fun too. Your Mom says France is within walking distance too. I'm going to try and cam conference with you if I'm able to figure out how it works, so email me the times when your most likely online, if that's possible, and I'll try and catch you. You look great. Love Ya Uncle Bill