Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Geneva/ Saint-Genis-Pouilly
Last weekend I went to see my friend Chelsea that I studied abroad with in France a few years ago. She's living just outside of Geneva, in a small French town called Saint-Genis-Pouilly. It is a really cute town and only 10 or 15 minutes from the big city of Geneva. It was really great to see Chelsea again. I bought this train pass that lets me travel anywhere in Switzerland after 7pm for free and any other time for half price. I just had to pay the one time fee and it lasts or a year. So, I put it to use and went to Geneva after 7pm on Friday and came back after 7pm on Sunday. It was a great weekend and nice to get out of the house a bit. My host family went on holiday for 10 days and they also left on Friday night. So, it worked out great because I went to Geneva for the weekend, came back to Basel Monday and Tuesday, and then headed to Prague on Wednesday and came back Monday. These pictures are from my weekend in Geneva. Chelsea had made a few friends already, one being her new roommate and also a friend from home who is teaching English there as well, so we hung out with them in Geneva and then during the day walked around Saint-Genis-Pouilly. And now that I have this train pass, I can pretty much go to visit any free weekend!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment