Well, today marks one week I have left with the family and it is making me sooo sad. The kids make everyday so happy and bright. I never expected to get this close to them. They are the coolest kids and they remind me not to take life too seriously. Thus saying, here are some pictures I have taken of them in the past couple of days. Yesterday was their last day of school and now summer break has begun. It couldn't have been any better timing as it has rained and rained for weeks, but the past week has been AMAZING. It has been super sunny and Hot!! I guess it is preparing me for Florida summer, but without the humidity. Anyways, the first three pictures are ones I have printed copies of to give to each of the kids when I leave. I decided I'd give them a note and a photo of us together; something simple but meaningful. The others are from our many hours of playing outside in the backyard. The other day the kids got on their swim suits and I sprayed them with the hose. We made some water balloons too. It was a lot of fun and perfect weather for such an event. Today, the first day of no school, we went to the Laguna water park in Germany. We've been there are few times since I've been here and the kids love it. Katie's family left yesterday to spend all summer in the US, so since she has know where to live at the moment, she is staying at my house until we leave for our travels in about a week. I am savoring every last minute I'm here. I can't believe it is almost over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow Emily,
I can't believe its over either. I have so enjoyed this blog site. I looked forward to Mondays at work, only because I knew I would be checking your site. The pics show what a great au pair you have been and the children responded so well to you. I am sure it is bittersweet leaving them for your next journey. Be safe and can't wait to see you here again in Florida. Love, Cara
Post a Comment