Thursday, June 12, 2008

News Flash

A few stories/updates about me:
-
1. I am in Basel for exactly 3 more weeks from today! I then travel for two weeks after that: London and Greece. So, I make it back to Florida on the 16th of July. Can't wait to see everyone again. I'm getting excited to see my family and friends!
-
2. I got accepted to teach English in South Korea next year. I'll leave in late August and be there for a year. My friend Rebekah from UF is doing it with me. I'm really excited for another adventurous year in a whole new place. I will keep you updated on more details as I get them, and I'll keep a blog next year too, no worries!
-
3. So as of yesterday, I officially damaged BOTH of the families vehicles. I have been in one fender bender in my entire life, and I've now done it twice within 2 weeks to someone else's cars. I first hit the van when picking the kids up from school. There are these yellow concrete poles between the parking spaces, and I just cut the turn wrong. I got scratches and yellow paint on the rear passenger door. They assured me it was ok and that put it in the shop to get it fixed. Yesterday, the same exact day they got the van out of the shop, I hit the beemer while taking Romee to go swimming. I put a dent in the front bumper and scratched a bit of paint on it too. I was trying to do a U-turn and misjudged it. I was petrified to come home and tell them that I messed up the other car on the same day they got the other one fixed! When I got back, it was just Marit home and I told her. I think I sounded panicked and she could tell. She told me it was ok and that we would work it out. I was relieved that she didn't get really mad. I left her to tell Martijn about it! Im sure I will go down as the au pair the wrecked both of their cars.
-
4. This is a picture of the new trampoline with Romee jumping on it. I LOVE playing on it too!

1 comment:

Jade said...

Emily! I'm not leaving Florida till the 21st so plan on a super long lunch when you get back. Can't wait to see you!