

So the surprise I've been holding out on telling is that I went PARAGLIDING! It was super fun. Sarah, Katie, and I went camping in Interlaken, Switzerland this past weekend. We got in late Friday night and set up the tent, etc. We woke up Saturday morning to lots of clouds and a bit of rain. We had planned to go paragliding at 10, but for the weather's sake, we went at 1pm instead. They drove us up to the top of a mountain to an open field. We put on harnesses and helmets and then were strapped into our guides. I thought we were going to have to run off the side of a mountain, but we didn't thank goodness; that made it a little less scary. We just started running and the wind got a hold of the parachute and then we were flying! It was so crazy just having my feet dangle and the wind blowing on me. I actually did pretty good! The only time I got kinda scared was when he started doing tricks where we would spin in circles. We were in the air for about 20 minutes. After the paragliding we made kabobs over the fire and make-shift smores. The Euro Cup for soccer started this weekend as well. It is hosted by Switzerland and Austria this year with many of the games actually being played in Basel! So, it is an awesome time to be in Switzerland. Everyone is all decked out in their fan gear and strolling the streets. We watched the opening Swiss game on a big screen in town that night. We lost, but it was a bit expected. On Sunday we took the train to Grindelwald only about 20 minutes away for some hiking. We went to the Grindewald Glacier Gorge. It was really beautiful. There were paths that allowed you to walk inside gorge. After the afternoon hike we made our way to a pub to watch the Austria vs. Czech game on TV before riding the night train back to Basel. (I've really gotten into the tournament. Im rooting for Holland; I guess the family has had some impact on me!) It was a super fun weekend despite the not so good rainy weather. The flying made up for the weather!!

No comments:
Post a Comment