Wednesday, March 5, 2008

24th in Amsterdam




-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Last weekend I went to Amsterdam with 4 friends. It also just so happened to be my 24th birthday! It was a really fun trip and Amsterdam was really a beautiful city with its canals and old buildings. The only bad thing is... I got my wallet stolen! I know, you may think it must be something that I'm doing, but I honestly am being careful. I lost quite a bit of cash and my student ID, but everything else like my credit cards and ID are in the process of being replaced. Besides the mishap, which happened on my birthday :(, we had a nice time. Here are some pictures from the trip and I'll explain them below.


So the first is me in a traditional Dutch clog just hanging out and then there is a photo of one of the many canals. Then there is a photo of me and my friends Kelly and Kellie at the floating flower market followed by another shot of the canals. Notice all the bikes; this city has more bikes than I've seen in my entire life put together. It made me wish I had my bike here. The next is me in front of a good ole Ben and Jerry's store. I ate some ice cream to reminisce on my days of working at the Gainesville store, yumm. The next picture is in a gift shop. You can really buy the clogs to wear, not just decoration. We also went to an ice bar and well, it was made of ice inside. It was neat. Then, at the flower market we saw a place where you could buy growing kits. It was so crazy I had to take a photo of it. Then there is the picture of I AMSTERDAM that was just outside the Van Gogh museum. That's not me in front of the sign, there was too many people wanting a picture, so I just took a photo of some other people instead of waiting. Finally, since Heineken is a Dutch beer, we had to drink one. Besides these photos, we also went to the Anne Frank house, the Van Gogh museum, and walked through the Red Light District, all really interesting places, but you can't take pictures at any of them.

No comments: