Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Phones, alligators, and Africa!?!












-
-


These are just some random pictures. The first is one I took while on a run. I take my camera everywhere now, even when I exercise! The second is of me on the tram. I guess no one wanted to sit by me! And the last is of Romee playing in the phone booth while we waited for the tram. We went to the zoo this past week. She called every animal a cat. The last is Constantijn playing with play dough. He was learning the letter "A" in school and wanted me to make an alligator. I ended up making a mama gator, papa gator and baby gator. I also told him that my school mascot was a gator, but he didn't seem so impressed.


Today I went with the family to Germany to do some shopping. It takes about 30 minutes to get there. Things are cheaper in Germany, so on Saturdays the shopping center is full of Swiss. We got Romee a birthday present because she turns 2 next weekend and then we did a big grocery shopping trip. It was chaos in there and having 3 little children didn't make it any easier. But, it was new and fun, and since we had to drive through France to get there, I was in 3 different countries in 1 day!






-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
These last two pictures are for Cara. The first is taken from the balcony off the house. That is a castle that is just across the France border and those are vineyards just below it. I haven't been there yet, but I plan to soon. The other is of one of the bathrooms in the house. It is the coolest looking one, the others are rather ordinary.
-
-
Great News!! I'm going to 2 new countries and one of them is on another continent! December 1st-4th I'm going to Marrakech, Morocco in Africa! Then January 25th-27th I'm going to Lisbon, Portugal! I booked the tickets a few nights ago and each round trip ticket was about $85 US. There was a special going on online, so we took full adavntage. I'm sure there will be more blogging about these trips in a few months.
-
*And one more thing: I changed my settings so that anyone can comment now, you don't have to have gmail. Hope that makes you happy!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Emily,

Have been thoroughly enjoying your site. Thanks for the pics of the castle I have bugged Sug about that one. All of the pics are great. I look so forward to your site and updates. You look so happy and like you are having the time of your life, continue to explore and experience. Love, Cara

Cara said...

Emily,

Forgot to tell you thank you for making your site Cara friendly. Since I did not have a google account. By the way, congrats on your plans for Morrocco and Portugal. How exciting. Another of Emily's adventures to look forward to. Cara

Lisa said...

Emily:
I've really enjoyed all the pictures and stories you've posted. I look forward to checking for new updates each day. Thanks for doing this for us less adventurous folks. I know your Mom is so proud. Lisa [your Mom's favorite co-worker, ha-ha].