Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Crazy Kids Weekend

Saturday was Romee's 2nd birthday! I thought I should probably get her something, but I didn't know what, so I asked if they were going to make her a cake. Marit said she was just going to buy one, so I asked if I could make it instead. I wanted to make it fun so the two things I know Romee likes a lot are shoes and Autos (car in Dutch). I thought making a car would be easier. So, on Friday night I went to Katie's house, her parents are in the US for a week, and made it there. I thought it turned out OK, but the family really LOVED it. We ate it for breakfast Saturday morning when she got her presents, which I thought was weird, and then they ate it the for lunch, and dinner, and desert. Sterre told me she was going to tell the newspaper to put a picture on the front page. The other picture is Romee next to one of these big cows that have the Swiss flag on them. We pass them a lot when we go on walks around the neighborhood.


Like I mentioned, the parents Katie works for both went to the US for a week (they're American), so they asked if I would come over on the weekend and help out. They have 3 boys: Dylan 11, Sean 8, and Bryan 6. They said that if I helped out they would pay for everything we did plus pay me! So, on Saturday afternoon Katie and I took her 3 boys and then also Sterre and Constantijn, what's 2 more?, to a toboggan slide. We all went down it a few times and then went on a short hike in the mountains nearby. It was really fun, but strange being in charge of so many kids.










On Sunday Katie and I took the 3 boys to Europa Park. It's kind of like an Epcot and it was about an hour away in Germany. Everything was themed as a different European countries. Though we couldn't really do a lot of the stuff we wanted, I did get to ride the biggest roller coaster in Europe while there. Also, the mascot of the park is a mouse, though not Mickey Mouse, but there is a bit of a resemblance.











1 comment:

Cara said...

Emily,

Just another Maria Von Trapp moment I see.