The next is of city hall. It really sticks out from the rest of the buildings. The next one is from the same square that city hall is in (see what I mean.)
Driving in Switzerland
I got to drive the van the other day to take Sterre to tennis lessons. The van doesn't even have a key. You simply have this piece of plastic, kind of like a credit card, that you carry with you and whenever you are near the car, it automatically unlocks the door. So, once you are in you press a button on the dashboard and the car starts. This car is a manual as well, don't forget. So, to sum it up, I get to drive a key-less minivan and a Beemer around Switzerland; sure beats the old Ford Tempo!!
These pictures are from when I took Romee on a walk, which was more like a hike, to Mariastein. It's a monastery that you can see from my backyard and we can hear the bells all during the day. Apparently the story is that a women's two year old son had fallen off the cliff up there and when the mother went to find her son he was alive. He told her that a women dressed in white named Maria had caught him. So the monastery was built to thank her. The first picture is from inside the sanctuary, the second is of the plaques that are all over the walls in the hall that thank Maria, and the last is to prove that the hills really are alive with the sound of music!!
Pronunciations:
Marit, the mother: Mar-eet (strong E)
Martijn, the dad: Mar-tine (like time, with an N)
Sterre: Like Sarah, but with a T
Constantijn: Con-stan-tine
Romée: Rome-A (strong A)
Flüh, the town I live in: Flu, like the illness
***As for an update on the ironing, I'm getting much better. It takes me a long time, but no big mishaps. I just don't really understand it though. I can understand ironing some things, but is it really necessary to iron a 2 year olds's jeans?

2 comments:
I love the hills! I hope you got to twirl around amongst them! Maybe next time you can wear a skirt and make it flow around you as you twirl!!! I like living vicariously in Switzerland through your blog! =) It makes reading lots of boring pages ...well, a bit more boring but it gives me hope when it's all over! Holla! Let me know if you have a name of a cool family who wants me for the Spring...maybe...
Hey Emily,
Love little Romee's tummy. She is a cutie. And those hills, looks like it was across from their house. The one in the picture on the left, but if I remember correctly you said you had gone for a walk. Oh well, either way these were great pics. Cara
Post a Comment