


-
Then, on Sunday we met up with two other au pairs, Kellie and Michelle, both from New Zealand, and went to a spa in Germany. It was about an hour away in a ritzy little town in the Black Forest. The Black Forest region of Germany is where Hansel and Gretel takes place. Considering I've never been to a spa, I didn't really know what to expect. Here we paid about $15 and we got to swim in different kinds of pools. There was a huge swimming pool that went indoors and out, lots of different hots tubs of varying temperatures, jets, and lights, and, my favorite, a whirl pool. Oh, and don't worry, we made sure it wasn't a nude spa before we went. Then we went into Basel for a few hours and ate ice cream. This picture is of the town where the spa was. I wish I would have taken photos of the spa, but I forgot.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Then, today Katie and I drove to Freiburg, Germany for a few hours, which is also in the Black Forest region. We didn't get to spend much time there because Katie had to get back to pick up her kids from school, but it was awesome. I really liked it there and I am definitely going back to spend more time. I didn't take any pictures, but I promise to next time. Then, tonight we made veggie sushi!! It was delicious!
Tonight I was timing Katie's boys on how fast they could ride their bikes to and from the fire hydrant so they would get tired and go to bed. They finally convinced me to try and I was confident that I could beat their time. So, wearing a skirt, I got on one of their bikes and raced to the fire hydrant. As, I braked to turn back, I flew off the bike. So, not only did the little boys laugh at me, but I scraped my knee and tore a whole in my skirt.
3 comments:
Emily,
Oh what fun you are having. I have heard that Luzern is a most beautiful city in Switzerland. Sounds like you had a full day. And the spa sounds like fun too. Okay on the bike thing, just stop. You are clearly on a collision course with disaster. First the knife then the bike. When will it ever end. Just kidding. Hope you stay young forever. Hugs, Cara
Hi Emily! My mom sent me the link to your blog-- it's so neat to be able to read about what you're up to. It's so awesome that you just up and moved to Switzerland-- you're so cool!
I hope your finger feels better soon.
xo,
sarahkeith
I've been to Luzern!! it is beautiful! and that's hilarious w/ the bike. :-P you rock.
Post a Comment