I've been here 1 month today. I left Tallahassee on August 21st and I'm still here. I got myself a souvenir so I'll never forget it here. Well, it all started when I was cutting the cheese! After school Sterre likes cucumbers and cheese for snack, so I was getting it for her. The cheese comes in big blocks and you shave slices off. Then what happened next was what adults always warn kids about when cutting the cheese. I cut the tip of my pinkie off. It bled soooo bad. I think I would have cried, but I was too worried about getting blood everywhere or the kids seeing me that I ran downstairs. Sterre was yelling for me to find out where her snack was. I finally came back upstairs and the mom was like, "what happened?" I told her and she laughed. But, then she helped me wrap it up because it was bleeding like crazy still. The first picture is what it looked like after an entire roll of gauze and 3 band aids. I think she went a bit over board. Anyways, two days later this is what it looks like without the bandage.


It really isn't that bad, but it's just in a spot where I of course bump it all the time and it is hard to cover. I think I might always have a dent in my finger after this. But, I suppose that's what I get for cutting the cheese though!
-
-
This first picture is of Katie and I. Last Wednesday we went on a hike at this place called Wasserfallen. It was really beautiful and green. With a name like Wasserfallen, we thought we'd see some waterfalls, but no. We saw sheep and cows though, and some really great views of the countryside. The last one is a picture I thought was really cute of Romee. I figured it out that she sleeps almost 14 hours a day! But, when she isn't asleep, she is wide awake.
3 comments:
OUCH! Man, that looks like it was painful. You need to put up more pictures!
Okay...I give up. What is that child sleeping in??? She looks like she's tied up in some kind of funky chair/stroller thing?!?! haha
it's her stroller. it took me a good 2 weeks before I figured out how to use it on my own.
Post a Comment