Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Good Ole' Grenoble






Last weekend I had an unexpected 4 day weekend. I had to go somewhere, as there isn't much time left for me to travel. So, I decided I would make a trip back to Grenoble, where I studied abroad 4 years ago. I didn't really have an agenda, but just thought it would be nice to see how it has changed and to revisit all the things I loved when I was there. My friend Kristina came along as well, though I'm sure she probably got tired of hearing, "Oh, I remember that," and "Hey, we use to go here a lot!" We were going to leave Thursday morning, but couldn't get in touch with Alexis, the director of the program I studied abroad with, until late Thursday, because he was finding us a place to stay. Anyways, Kristina and I went to a BBQ Thursday in Muttenz instead, a town just outside of Basel. We made vegetable kebabs, while everyone else ate sausage after sausage. People looked at us funny, but they were delicious and it was a lot of fun. So on Friday morning we took the train to Grenoble. For two days we basically just walked around and laid in parks. Grenoble isn't that touristy of a city, so there isn't a lot of actual sights to see. We did take the Balls up to the Bastille and I showed Kristina all the places I use to hang out. The picture of the building is where 2 of my friends from studying abroad lived and I use to hang out there ALL the time. We had a couple of different picnics in the park, ate some ice cream and enjoyed the view of the Alps. We left mid-day Sunday and spent a couple of hours in Geneva on our way back, as the train passes through there anyways. I also went to Geneva this past weekend as well, so I will put some pictures up soon of Geneva. It was great seeing Grenoble again, especially since I didn't think I was going to have the time to make it back again. I was surprised how well I could remember my way around. It will be cool to see the change when I go back in 4 more years!!! (well, i hope to at least!)

1 comment:

Cara said...

Emily,
I can't believe it's actually coming to an end. I will so miss all of the stories and pics of this adorable family, but I will look forward to your next adventures. I just love all the photos with the alps in them. They are so awesome. I see your hair is growing back. You were brave to shave it, but I'm glad its coming back. Hugs, Cara