Photos: The first is Djemaa el Fna square. Then a man in a scarf store wrapped my head in the traditioanl way. The third is the inside of the hostel we stayed in. The next two are things we say while driving. Then a couple of camel pictures. The man getting the kiss was our driver. Then a picture at the Ouzuod Falls and also in front of the river, followed by the women washing their clothes. The next is one of the great meals we had with vegetables and couscous. Then we did our own version of wrapping our heads in our room. The next is from the camel ride and the last is a picture from the plane of the African coast line.


So, last weekend I went to Africa... he he he. I went to Marrakech, Morocco from Saturday to Tuesday with my au pair friends Katie and Kellie. We walked around the main square or hours, Djemaa el Fna, which, if you'd like to know is the largest square on the African continent!! You could never get bored there. Anyways, I did LOTS of shopping. Haggling is standard and it was of course strange sometimes, but I got the hang of it after a while. I bought, Moroccan slippers, scarves, jewelry and a few other souvenirs for family Christmas presents. Then on Monday we did a private tour. It wasn't intended to be private, but we had a driver and tour guide take us to a typical Moroccan house for breakfast. There was homemade butter, bread, honey, and olive oil. Then we rode camels!!! Even though it was a super touristy thing to do, it was real fun and I kind of bonded with my camel. Then we went on a short hike to the Ouzuod Falls. It was strange because when we were driving the landscape was very arid and flat, then at the water falls it was green with mountains around us. After that we ate a huge Moroccan tajine dish with couscous that was delicious! The place we stayed was beautiful with Moroccan decor and everything worked out well with flights and such. In all, it was an awesome trip. Also, I've posted a lot of pictures from my camera, but I will also post some more from Katie and Kellie's cameras when I get them.

No comments:
Post a Comment