These are pictures of my room. Isn't it awesome!!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Day 1
I'm in Switzerland!!! Finally, after missing my connection flight from Frankfurt, Germany to Basel and having to sit in the airport an extra 4 hours, I made it, and it was sooo worth it. The family is so nice and welcoming. The kids immediately ran up to me and we played in the backyard for a good 2 hours today. We had dinner on their porch which overlooks mountains and a castle! My room is so awesome. (I put some pictures up of my room, but I will be sure to get some of the family soon.) I'm so happy I made it, because before I got here I was really doubting if I wanted to do this anymore. I think everything is going to be ok. Tomorrow I already get to babysit by myself for the 2 year old girl, Romee. I guess that means they trust me? Anyways, I'm here and I'm safe and I'm glad I came. Please keep in touch with me because I am expecting at some point soon the excitement will wear off and I will start missing my friends and old life. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I love love love your room! How bright and clean and gorgeous. What is that pink thing on the left of your white tv?
yes, your room is awesome! my goodness!
Way to go Em. Such a world traveler.
Speakimg of awesome my bathroom looks great. What agood idea, thank you. I'll definitiely stay in touch so you do too. Love You. Uncle Bill
EM! You are the luckiest person I know. I've got your blog bookmarked so I can keep up. Find me on gmail chat too!
the pink thing next to the TV is an alarm clock. I haven't igured out how to use it yet though???
love it!!!!
Emily, I was looking closer at your pictures and you know those set of yellow picture frames? Those pictures (from what I can tell) are of Vietnamese girls in traditional dresses. Coooool!
Good job Em. Now your Dutch.. isn't that vierd!!!
Emily, we're so excited for you and so glad you and Leighton were brave enough and determined enough to embark on such a fantastic experience! Betsy and I will keep up with your travels and activities through your blog. Be safe and have the time of your life!
wow that is so amazing. What a beautiful room and a beautiful view! I love the sunlight coming in... do you get to wake up to that every morning? Or is it afternoon sun? mmm wish I could be there...
Post a Comment