Though I have only been here 2 1/2 days, I feel like I have done a lot. I have already driven the kids and mom to and from school, mind you a stick shift up and down huge hills with extremely narrow roads and I didn't kill it once! I learned the morning routine of cleaning up breakfast, cleaning the kids room, playing with Romee, etc. I also met another au pair today!! She is from the US and we ate lunch. We are the same age, both have Education degrees and are both vegetarians! I am meeting her and another au pair that I have only emailed before in Basel tomorrow. I'm really excited. I live about 20 minutes outside of Basel in a town called Fluh. I can take a tram rather easily to Basel though. I have to be home by 6pm tomorrow because there is a "street party" and the mom, Marit, wants to introduce me to all the neighbors. Then the parents are going out for the night and I'm going to babysit!?! Anyways, after meeting the other au pair for lunch, the mom and I picked the kids up from school and went to the pool. Their public pool is really awesome, it has green lawns all around it and not a lifeguard in sight. Then, the dad came home from his overnight business trip and we went out to a really nice dinner. I had the only non meat item they had of pasta with a mushroom sauce. It was yumm! The restaurant was on top of big hill/mountain and the view was beautiful. So, it's been good so far. Though there are a lot of times when things are akward and I don't know what I am suppose to be doing, I like the family and they are always asking me how I am doing and if everything is going well. So, so far so good I suppose!



The first picture is my house. The second is of slugs. They are everywhere around here, especially in the morning when there is dew out. The third is a picture of the whole family. This is the photo they emailed me before I came here. They are Dutch and moved to Switzerland 1 1/2 years ago. The speaks Dutch to each other and English when they talk to me. So, basically I am lost half the time and the dinner table is especially confusing. The last is of Romee and I. She is turning 2 in 2 weeks. She's starting to talk more, but it is hard to understand her because some of the words she says are English, some are Dutch, and then some are just babbling. She's really cute and she is obsessed with shoes and autos (the Dutch word for cars).

1 comment:
Awe...so cute! Your face looks good. I found a skin care system that is formulated in Switzerland but made in the U.S. It's called Arbonne. I thought of you. =) It's cool if they have it there to try, though!
Post a Comment